Subject: bug#18157: 24.4.50; battery-pmset fails to report critical battery state

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 00:43:46 +0100

On 2016-02-16, at 19:41, Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Does this patch help?
>
> I'm sorry, are you asking me?  It would be bold to believe that I still cared for this issue now, almost *two years* after I reported it.  
>
> At a cursory look the fix surely looks correct, but I hope you understand that Emacs taking two years for what seems to be a trivial issue to fix does not particularly contribute to my enthusiasm, nor does it motivate me to test this patch.

I am also sorry if I sounded rude.  The question was directed to people
reading the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list as well as to you.  I am also
sorry that this was not fixed earlier, but I am bold enough to believe
that it is better to try to investigate it now than to leave it forever.

I am also sorry that I didn't test this myself.  However, I do not own
a Mac, so I could only transcribe your report into a (trivial,
admittedly) patch for others to test.  I do not consider my input here
too valuable (everyone could write this patch, even without any deeper
knowledge about Elisp, thanks to your detailed report and suggestion as
to were the correct fix was - thank you for that!), but I hoped that
what I may have /really/ fixed was the problem of your report not
gaining enough attention when it was sent.

Also, even if you don't care for this issue anymore, there may be other
people who do.  And you were the author of the report, so it was
a natural thing to send this message to you.  (In fact, this is what the
debbugs tool did, as it does by default when responding to bug reports.)

Also, if I should have behaved differently, please tell me what I could
have done better (apart from the not-so-optimal wording of my message).

Best,

-- 
Marcin Borkowski
http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Adam Mickiewicz University