Subject: bug#18155: 24.3.92; Honor toolBar resource *before* showing frame

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:51:29 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:27:14 -0300
> 
> This is true except when the toolbar is visible. In this case, no matter
> the value of the toolBar resource, the frame is initially shown without
> a toolbar and then the geometry is modified to fit the toolbar. This
> produces unpleasant visual artifacts during emacs startup.

Thanks.

Please make a point of using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET" to report
bugs.  In this case, that command would have collected and included in
the report the most relevant information: what toolkit was your Emacs
built with.  With some toolkits, the toolbar is created and shown by
the toolkit code, out of Emacs's control; with others, Emacs itself
draws the toolbar and has full control.  It is not clear which case is
yours.

Please provide that missing information, to make the report more
complete and clear.