Subject: Re: bug#18138: rev. 117587 causes emacs segfault when auto-complete tests are run

From: Vladimir Lomov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 20:47:16 +0900

Hello,
** martin rudalics [2014-07-29 11:21:36 +0200]:

>> this is another problem with rev. 117587. Starting from this revision
>> (including rev. 117605) emacs compiled with X support segfaults when I
>> run auto-complete[1] tests.

> Thanks for the report.  Can you please try again with the latest trunk?

Thanks, now (rev. 117606) auto-complete tests are passed without segfault of
emacs.

But there is another issue with rev. 117587 not related with emacs
segfault. Seems that this revision introduced new behaviour that isn't
documented: now emacs always has a horizontal scroll bar even if
scroll-bar-mode is switched off. I tested this in following way:
- compile emacs rev. 117587 and rev. 117586:
- run
  emacs -Q
- then
  M-x scroll-bar-mode
- results:
  117586: has only vertical scroll bar, M-x ... switched it off;
  117587: has both vertical (usual) and horizontal scroll bars, running
  M-x ... switching off only vertical scroll bar.

> martin

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

-- 
There is perhaps in every thing of any consequence, secret history, which
it would be amusing to know, could we have it authentically communicated.
		-- James Boswell