Subject: bug#18136: 24.4.50; crash in redisplay when calling load-theme

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:29:13 +0300

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 20:23:50 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  > Shouldn't TTY frames behave as if they were fullscreen?  That's what
>  > they (normally) are, right?
> 
> I think so, especially because that's how they behaved before.

If so, we agree, and this means the menu bar should be part of the TTY
frame's dimensions.

>  > The code in change_frame_size_1 we are talking about was there since a
>  > very long time (I see it in Emacs 21), and its purpose is to update
>  > FrameRows and FrameCols when the user changes dimensions of a TTY
>  > frame (e.g., by calling set-frame-height).  If you remove it, how can
>  > we update those attributes otherwise?
> 
> I wonder why this is done in this part of the code.  Here we resize the
> windows of a frame but the frame's sizes remain unchanged.

No, we resize the frame and then redistribute the frame dimensions
between its windows.  When change_frame_size_1 is called with the same
dimensions as the current frame's dimensions, it simply does nothing
and returns.