Subject: bug#18130: rmail: allow for imaps proto

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:07:12 -0300

The problem seems more general, indeed. Non recognized protocols are
taken to be filenames and expanded, as in:

maildir:/home/loscar/Mail/INBOX
->
/home/loscar/maildir:/home/loscar/Mail/INBOX

mailutils movemail is pretty smart, but rmail is dumbing it down. I
think a more transparent delegation to the mailutils workhorse is in
order.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Currently mailutils movemail works with gmail imap using this:
>
> movemail 'imaps://carlosjosepita%40gmail.com:[email-masked]/INBOX'
> RMAIL
>
> but not this:
>
> movemail --tls
> 'imap://carlosjosepita%40gmail.com:[email-masked]:993/INBOX' RMAIL
>
> I wouldn't be difficult to support imaps in rmail, as it's just forwarding
> the request to movemail, which already supports it. This way it would be
> possible to use gmail imap in rmail.
>