Subject: Re: bug#18129: popup dialogs: bad alignment of buttons

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 21:18:32 -0300

Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> writes:

Additional details, just in case (although I've seen the same problem in
any gtk3 installation I used):

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-07-24 on memeplex
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11502000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

> See for example the left button produced by this:
>
> (x-popup-dialog t  '("This is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
> question" ("Yes" . "yes") ("No" . "no")))
>
> While the right button is just by the border of the dialog, the left one is
> far from the left border.
>
> Seems to be a maximum width for the stretching of the space between buttons.
>
> Tested in gtk3.