Subject: Re: bug#18128: Diff-mode doesn't refine hunks automatically

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:44:36 +0300

> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:39:56 +0200
> From: Paul Pogonyshev <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> It is enough. Then please add a reference to it to documentation of
> diff-refine-hunk, I wasn't even aware of that mode.

It is currently mentioned there as follows:

   `M-n'
	Move to the next hunk-start (`diff-hunk-next').

	This command has a side effect: it "refines" the hunk you move to,
	highlighting its changes with better granularity.  To disable this
	feature, type `M-x diff-auto-refine-mode' to toggle off the minor
	mode Diff Auto-Refine mode.  To disable Diff Auto Refine mode by
	default, add this to your init file (*note Hooks::):

	     (add-hook 'diff-mode-hook
		       (lambda () (diff-auto-refine-mode -1)))

If you think this is not enough, please tell what else would you like
to see there about this minor mode.