Subject: Re: bug#18120: cua-rect.el issue on help

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 21:48:04 +0200

Pierre-Yves <[email-masked]> writes:

> cua-rectangle feature does offer to type ? for help. It will display
> several available key sequence. Since modifier is not known, a
> function computes the string from the prefix variable.
> It is basically a switch, which works for ‘hyper or ‘super or ‘alt or
> ‘meta , but it does not work for ‘control.
>
> This is feasible to use ‘control as the modifier. 
>    (setq cua--rectangle-modifier-key ‘control)

[...]

>   		 ((eq cua--rectangle-modifier-key 'super) " s-")
>   		 ((eq cua--rectangle-modifier-key 'alt) " A-")
> +                  ((eq cua--rectangle-modifier-key 'control) " C-")
>   		 (t " M-"))))

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately have not received
any responses yet.)

I don't use cua mode myself, but this looks like it's "obviously" the
right thing, so I've applied the patch to Emacs 27.

If a cua user determines that it's not quite the right thing to do,
please feel free to revert the patch.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no