Subject: 24.3; tex-mode.el tex-font-lock-verb docstring backslash

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:54:41 +1000

Doing

    (require 'tex-mode)
    C-h f tex-font-lock-verb

shows

    Place syntax table properties on the ^Kerb construct.

where I expected to see \verb.  Perhaps the backslash should be escaped

  "Place syntax table properties on the \\=\\verb construct.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-06-07 on babin, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11599904
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf'
 '--without-gsettings' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t