Subject: Re: bug#18109: 24.4.50; `compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist': wrong regexp for Maven

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 17:22:21 +0300

On 06/12/2020 10:32 +0100, Mattias Engdegård wrote:

> 5 dec. 2020 kl. 23.21 skrev Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>:
>
>> Now the regexp seems to catch both prefixed and non-prefixed messages,
>> what else should be resolved here?
>
> Ah, yes. Apart from the examples in compilation.txt, I could not find
> any evidence for non-prefixed messages ever being emitted. Since I'm
> not a Maven user myself, it would be useful to know if the
> non-prefixed example was just an oversight or an actual occurrence.
>
> It is not a major problem but I like doing a proper work. Having
> patterns that match more than their strict minimum can be troublesome
> for two reasons: a regexp may accidentally catch a message intended
> for another pattern, and it may slow down message matching. Both have
> been issues several times in the past, which is why I'm wary of having
> too-loose regexps in the list.

Hm, I rarely use Maven these days (many projects switched to Gradle),
and I'm not on Windows any more, so I cannot reproduce the original
problem now.  If you think it's very improbable to have non-prefixed
message - just make the regexp more strict, and let's see whether
someone reports it again.

Filipp