Subject: bug#18107: closed (Re: bug#18107: emacsclient: maximization and size hints)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 09:44:03 +0000

Your bug report

#18107: emacsclient: maximization and size hints

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18107: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18107
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18107: emacsclient: maximization and size hints
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:43:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > If 24.3 gets no fixes of its own,

It won't.

 > then I guess 24.4 closes this issue, yes.
 > I reported it just in case and because I 'm not fully aware of the
 > maintenance schedule and policy. Cheers.

Closed.

Thanks, martin

Subject: emacsclient: maximization and size hints
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:52:05 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When you call emacsclient like this:

   emacsclient -c  -F "((fullscreen . maximized))"

the maximization ignores the size hints and some residual area could
be left behind, looking like a phantom modeline below the real one.
This doesn't happen when you manually or programatically maximize
emacs after launch. Extra space could be reserved at the east and
south edges, of course, because of the multiple-of-char-size
restriction, but this extra space is correctly painted with the
background color. It seems to me like some issue with the order of the
initialization sequence.

Nevertheless, I believe this is mostly irrelevant for 24.4 as the
multiple-of-char-size restriction would be no more binding.