Subject: RE: bug#18083: 24.4.50; (emacs) Arguments and (elisp) Prefix Command Arguments

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:12:01 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

> > This should not be about choosing to document only this one
> > or only that one.
> 
> Of course, it is.

Why?  Why should we not document both?

> > And it should not be based on what you tend to use or I tend to use.
> 
> Then how come you raise this, based on your experience?

I am not, like you, claiming that my experience or preference
should be the only thing documented.  I'm for a big tent,
documenting what you prefer (M-) and what I prefer sometimes
(C-).  Not because you or I prefer this or that, but because
Emacs lets you use either one, and each is useful.

> > It costs little to mention that C- also can be used, like M-.
> 
> It's bloat we need to justify.

I've justified it.  And it's not bloat, but useful info for
users.