Subject: bug#18072: bug#37910: CC Mode 5.33.2 (C++//l); CC-mode inconsistently indents everything as topmost-intro after a while

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 20:11:39 +0000

Hello, Eric.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 16:12:11 -0800, Eric Scrivner wrote:
> Hi Alan,

> Thanks so much for the patch and explanation. I applied it locally and
> while the patch didn't seem to have much effect, setting
> `open-paren-in-column-0-is-defun-start` to `nil` seems to have done the
> trick here without any noticeable impact on performance. It seems as you've
> said that there may be some issues in the heuristic used for performance
> optimization here.

> I will let you know if any other issues surface, but it appears this has
> fixed my issue.

OK, thanks for the test.  I think it is now time to commit the patch and
close the bug.

I am hoping that the patch, already applied to the savannah master
branch, will also have fixed bugs #5910 and #18072.  Their (sporadic)
symptoms were consistent with the glitches fixed by the patch.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).