Subject: Re: bug#18072: 24.3; cc-mode indentation is broken

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 22:13:00 +0100

Hi Alan,

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is this C++ Mode, by any chance?

I'm not sure which one to use to reproduce it.  I'm hoping Juhani will
be able to tell us.

> This looks like having the same cause as bug #37910 "CC Mode 5.33.2
> (C++//l); CC-mode inconsistently indents everything as topmost-intro
> after a while".
>
> I'm pretty sure it's a defect in a particular CC Mode cache (the "state
> cache"), which tracks parentheses, braces, and brackets containing and
> near point.  Somehow, it's missing the critical {, believing that
> foo();, etc., are at top level.  A C-c C-s on that line would likely
> show "topmost-intro".

Do you think that these two bugs should be merged?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas