Subject: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:31:27 +0100

On Wed Jan 7 2009 Juri Linkov wrote:
> > Can someone comment on these?
> 
> `proced-send-signal' is a recent change:
> 
> 2009-01-03  Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>
> 	* proced.el (proced-send-signal):
>         Use fit-window-to-buffer instead of dired-pop-to-buffer.
> 
> Roland, maybe we need a general function for both Proced and
> Dired?

When I changed proced to use fit-window-to-buffer, this change was
inspired by the changed code of dired-pop-to-buffer. Later I
realized that this doesn't always give the old behavior of
dired-pop-to-buffer which in my opinion was more appropriate than
the new code (but I hadn't found time yet to look into this more
carefully). So yes, I agree that probably it would be best to have a
function that gives the old behavior which can be used by both dired
and proced. And maybe the new function will be useful for other
packages, too.

Roland