Subject: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:03:22 +0200

>> How would we handle the case where `window--try-to-split-window' fails
 >> for the selected window and some other window (like the frame's bottom
 >> window) gets split?
 >
 > This case is exceptional, but maybe handling of the `fit-window-to-buffer'
 > specifier could be added to some other actions where it makes sense?
 >
 >>> (setq display-buffer-alist '(("Marked Files" .
 >>>                               (display-buffer-below-selected
 >>>                                (fit-window-to-buffer . nil)))))
 >> And how would they handle the frame bottom window case sketched above?
 >
 > With (setq display-buffer-alist
 >            '(("Marked Files" . (nil (fit-window-to-buffer . nil)))))

I see.  My knowledge of `display-buffer-alist' is certainly much worse
than yours.  Could you patch this along these lines?  I think Chong will
agree, if we only can get rid of the `temp-buffer-resize-regexps' stuff.

martin