Subject: Re: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:35:17 +0300

>>> I noticed another case with weird behaviour.  Please confirm is this
>>> intentional or not.
>>
>> Well, not so much intentional, as just, this is what pop-to-buffer
>> does. But, this is no longer the default behaviour - please try the
>> current CVS.
>
> Hmm, tried the current CVS and see no improvement.  I mean I still see
> this default behaviour:

I think the problem is the lack of the necessary primitive in window.el.
Should it exist, any mode could use it with a simple function call
that creates a new window below the current one even in a wide-frame
configuration.  I remember Martin proposed a patch during the code freeze,
but currently can't find it.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/