Subject: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 01:37:45 +0300

>> I noticed another case with weird behaviour.  Please confirm is this
>> intentional or not.
>
> Well, not so much intentional, as just, this is what pop-to-buffer
> does. But, this is no longer the default behaviour - please try the
> current CVS.

Hmm, tried the current CVS and see no improvement.  I mean I still see
this default behaviour:

    +------------+------------+        +------------+------------+
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |  ===>  |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    | current    |            |        |            | *scratch*  |
    | buffer     |            |        |            +------------+
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    | *scratch*  | *Messages* |        | *scratch*  | *Calendar* |
    +------------+------------+        +------------+------------+

I expected it to be rather:

    +------------+------------+        +------------+------------+
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |  ===>  |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    | current    |            |        | *scratch*  |            |
    | buffer     |            |        +------------+            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    | *scratch*  | *Messages* |        | *Calendar* | *Messages* |
    +------------+------------+        +------------+------------+

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/