Subject: Re: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:32:45 +0300

I noticed another case with weird behaviour.  Please confirm is this
intentional or not.  When initially a frame is split horizontally
in two side-by-side windows then after `M-x calendar' the calendar
appears not under the current window, but under another window
in the opposite pane, duplicating the buffer above it with the
initially current buffer (IOW, replacing *Messages* with *scratch*
in the following case):

    +------------+------------+        +------------+------------+
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    |            |            |  ===>  |            |            |
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    | current    |            |        |            | *scratch*  |
    | buffer     |            |        |            +------------+
    |            |            |        |            |            |
    | *scratch*  | *Messages* |        | *scratch*  | *Calendar* |
    +------------+------------+        +------------+------------+

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/