Subject: Re: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 01:38:43 +0300

>> We could supply a command to show diary and cal simultaneously in two
>> windows above each other.
>
> (setq calendar-setup 'one-frame)

Exactly.  When `calendar-setup' is configured to display the calendar
in a separate frame and the frame is wide, we don't try filling the
available space with random buffers.  A single-frame configuration
should not be different from this.

A wide-screen single-frame configuration is a special case.  At least,
I perceive `C-x 3' as a way to create a virtual two-frame configuration
with two side-by-side frame-like windows.  Consequently, I expect
`M-x calendar' respecting my choice: either keeping the single frame
and displaying the calendar below the current buffer, or when I create
a virtual two-frame configuration with `C-x 3' then keeping this
configuration intact and displaying the calendar below the current buffer.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/