Subject: Re: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 23:55:19 -0400

>> +-------------------------+        +------------+------------+
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |  ===>  |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> |                         |        |            | *Messages* |
>> |                         |        |            +------------+
>> |                         |        |            |            |
>> | *scratch*               |        | *scratch*  | *Calendar* |
>> +-------------------------+        +------------+------------+

> That was the intended behaviour. If the frame is wide enough to split
> horizontally, it is split horizontally.  This both makes sense and
> looks correct to me.

Showing *Messages* out of the blue is definitely not a feature.
IOW It doesn't look correct to me.

        Stefan