Subject: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:53:02 -0400

Stephen Berman wrote:

> What's more, I have things configured so that calling Calendar also
> pops up the fancy diary display, and starting with a single
> (screen-) wide window, the result is similar to the above, namely:
>
>      +-------------------------+        +------------+------------+
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |  ===>  |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      |                         |        |            | *Messages* |
>      |                         |        |            +------------+
>      |                         |        |            |            |
>      | *scratch*               |        |    Diary   | *Calendar* |
>      +-------------------------+        +------------+------------+

As I wrote:

   The only remaining calendar issue I can see is that one might
   prefer the diary to always appear directly above (or below) the
   calendar, rather than to one side. This could be achieved by the
   use of windmove. I might install something along those lines, or I
   might not bother.