Subject: Re: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 03:09:23 +0300

> I see. I have never much thought about that. If anyone has some
> argument why it might be better that Proced used something else
> instead of a simple call of pop-to-buffer, I'd be happy to use some
> appropriate code. Otherwise I suggest to keep it the way it is now
> (or wait till after the next release). Certainly, Proced is
> different from Dired in the sense that normally one will have only
> one such buffer.

Indeed, with its Dired-like keybindings it is still different from Dired
in regard to displaying a Proced window itself where it is more like
a Buffer List (`C-x C-b').  So e.g. as it's easy to add "*Buffer List*"
to `same-window-buffer-names', it's easy to add "*Proced*" as well
and to do other standard customizations allowed by `pop-to-buffer'.
This is unlike a non-standard treatment of displaying a window with
a list of selected items to process.  I think no change is needed
for `pop-to-buffer' that displays a Proced window.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/