Subject: bug#1806: dired-pop-to-buffer in wrong place

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:11:59 +0200

> Could you also fix Proced and Calendar?

I suppose you mean the call in `calendar-basic-setup' here.  In this
case you probably want to split the largest or LRU window vertically
even if your customized settings would imply a horizontal split.  But
you don't insist on splitting the selected window.  Right?

Any opinions, Glenn?

martin
*** calendar.el.~1.281.~	2009-03-16 07:35:28.000000000 +0100
--- calendar.el	2009-05-18 09:52:53.203125000 +0200
***************
*** 1291,1297 ****
      (calendar-increment-month month year (- calendar-offset))
      ;; Display the buffer before calling calendar-generate-window so that it
      ;; can get a chance to adjust the window sizes to the frame size.
!     (or nodisplay (pop-to-buffer calendar-buffer))
      (calendar-generate-window month year)
      (if (and calendar-view-diary-initially-flag
               (calendar-date-is-visible-p date))
--- 1291,1301 ----
      (calendar-increment-month month year (- calendar-offset))
      ;; Display the buffer before calling calendar-generate-window so that it
      ;; can get a chance to adjust the window sizes to the frame size.
!     (or nodisplay
! 	(let ((split-height-threshold 0)
! 	      split-width-threshold)
! 	  ;; Prefer vertical splits (Bug#1806).
! 	  (pop-to-buffer calendar-buffer)))
      (calendar-generate-window month year)
      (if (and calendar-view-diary-initially-flag
               (calendar-date-is-visible-p date))