Subject: bug#18051: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117726: Add string collation.

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:26:32 +0200

Hi Eli and Michael,

> > Michael (Heerdegen), as you were the one who requested these features,
> > please give them some testing and see if you like them.
>
> I'll try and test ASAP.

I used that stuff for a while now, and I think everything worked as
expected.

If I remember correctly, I saw just one tiny inconsistency: with the new
ls-lisp -v switch the sorting position of a backup file named foo~ was
different from ls -v when also numbered backup files foo~n~ of the same
file existed.  Dunno if this is relevant, it's a corner case.

For string collation and locales, I must say that I'm no expert at that
field and don't really know what tests could be useful for testing.  I
can only say that everything seems to be ok with the locales I am using.

Let me know when you think that I could nonetheless be of any help
there.

Thanks both of you again for your work,

Michael.