Subject: message: Should know how to handle "application/mbox" parts

From: Samuel Bronson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:18:48 -0400

Severity: wishlist

I'm including an mbox file in this bug report.

It should be easy to see what's inside, right?  After all, collections
of news/mail messages are gnus' favorite thing!  Sadly, it doesn't seem
to actually work.

(The content of the mbox is irrelevant.)

Here it is:
(It is possible that it would be better to use a different MIME type for
this, in which case I guess either Debian's mime-support" package is at
fault, or some evil entity took control of my body and/or computer at
some point in the past in order to corrupt the relevant entry in my
/etc/mime.types file.)

In fact, if I'm interpreting what upstream told me correctly, debbugs
will have rendered this as a series of mails inline.

Now, I'm not the savviest gnus user, but I'm doubtful as to whether that
sort of rendering is sufficiently gnus-y, and it may of course be too
much trouble.  It would be quite reasonable, IMO, if gnus even just knew
how to open these as [ephemeral] groups, and insisted on prompting for a
path to save them to for processing.  Just as long as the prompt made it
clear that that was why it wanted to save the file!

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-06-06 on babin, modified by Debian
201 dreader36.news.xs4all.nl NNRP Service Ready - [email-masked] (no posting).
500 What?

-- 
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!