Subject: Re: bug#18018: 24.4.50; (emacs) `Special Isearch'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 23:56:41 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> The node says this about case-sensitivity:
>
>    If the search string you entered contains only lower-case letters,
>   the search is case-insensitive; as long as an upper-case letter exists
>   in the search string, the search becomes case-sensitive.  If you delete
>   the upper-case character from the search string, it ceases to have this
>   effect.  *Note Search Case::.
>
> This is false.  This is only the _default_ behavior, i.e., the behavior
> you get with the default value of `case-fold-search' (non-nil).  This is
> a fine place to mention user option `case-fold-search' and point out
> that IF its value is non-nil THEN... (this is the behavior you get).

This seems like it's been fixed since the bug report was filed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no