Subject: bug#18018: 24.4.50; (emacs) `Special Isearch'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

The node says this about case-sensitivity:

   If the search string you entered contains only lower-case letters,
  the search is case-insensitive; as long as an upper-case letter exists
  in the search string, the search becomes case-sensitive.  If you delete
  the upper-case character from the search string, it ceases to have this
  effect.  *Note Search Case::.

This is false.  This is only the _default_ behavior, i.e., the behavior
you get with the default value of `case-fold-search' (non-nil).  This is
a fine place to mention user option `case-fold-search' and point out
that IF its value is non-nil THEN... (this is the behavior you get).

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-28 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117431 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''