Subject: RE: bug#18018: 24.4.50; (emacs) `Special Isearch'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

> > The node says this about case-sensitivity:
> >
> >    If the search string you entered contains only lower-case letters,
> >   the search is case-insensitive; as long as an upper-case letter exists
> >   in the search string, the search becomes case-sensitive.  If you
> >   delete the upper-case character from the search string, it ceases to
> >   have this effect.  *Note Search Case::.
> >
> > This is false.  This is only the _default_ behavior, i.e., the behavior
> > you get with the default value of `case-fold-search' (non-nil).  This is
> > a fine place to mention user option `case-fold-search' and point out
> > that IF its value is non-nil THEN... (this is the behavior you get).
> 
> This seems like it's been fixed since the bug report was filed.

Really?  I don't have a build more recent than 2015-12-10, but in that
build, at least, the identical text is still there, and I see nothing
added about this being only the default behavior or about
`case-fold-search'.

But if this was really fixed, great.