Subject: bug#18014: 24.3; Unused Lexical argument warning, when argument is used in a function...

From: Matthew Fidler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:46:08 -0500

Yes.  I can reproduce with a fresh emacs.  My build script uses a fresh
emacs but calls it by :

~src/ergoemacs-mode $ make
emacs -Q --batch -L . --eval             \
     "(progn                                \
       (setq byte-compile-error-on-warn t)  \
       (batch-byte-compile))" *.el
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-advices.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-extras.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-functions.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-layouts.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-macros.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-menus.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-modal.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-mode.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-shortcuts.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-test.elc
Wrote
e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-theme-engine.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-themes.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-track.elc
In toplevel form:
ergoemacs-translate.el:695:1:Warning: Unused lexical argument `key'
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-translate.elc
Wrote e:/EmacsPortable.App/Data/src/ergoemacs-mode/ergoemacs-unbind.elc
~src/ergoemacs-mode $

It also errors on 24.3:

https://travis-ci.org/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode/jobs/29898482

And  also errors on the 24.4 trunk (in ubuntu, I believe):

https://travis-ci.org/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode/jobs/29898483

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:57:38 -0500
> > From: Matthew Fidler <[email-masked]>
> >
> > Its the beginning of the function in the bug report.
> >
> >
> https://github.com/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode/blob/7a30c03b59eab2b720c16f6cd8099c499fec1cc2/ergoemacs-translate.el#L695
>
> Then I cannot reproduce this, neither with Emacs 24.3 nor with the
> latest pretest 24.3.92.  I downloaded ergoemacs-translate.el and
> ergoemacs-macros.el from that repository, and I get a clean compile.
>
> Did you try this in a fresh Emacs, e.g. "emacs -batch -f
> batch-byte-compile"?
>