Subject: bug#18009: 24.4.50; Add hooks for `rename-file' and `delete-file'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 15:31:49 -0700 (PDT)

Please add a hook for each of these basic operations.  It is not unusual
to want to be able to carry out some action associated with
(successfully) renaming or deleting a file.  The hooks would be run at
the end of the operation, and only upon success.

One use case: Bookmark+ autofile bookmarks have the same name as their
files.  (There can be multiple bookmarks with the same name,
corresponding to files with the same name in different directories.)
With a hook it would be trivial to automatically rename or delete the
associated bookmark.

Adding hooks for these two functions would automatically take care of
derivative functions, such as `dired-rename-file' and `dired-do-rename'.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-28 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117431 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''