Subject: bug#18002: closed (Re: bug#18002: Building installation image for i686 fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 14:41:04 +0000

Your bug report

#18002: Building installation image for i686 fails

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18002: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18002
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18002: Building installation image for i686 fails
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: David Thompson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 16:39:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is fixed by commits 66670cf, f111b32, and 5d09845 (I tested it like
you did from x86_64.)  Let me know if you encounter other problems!

Ludo’.

Subject: Building installation image for i686 fails
From: David Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:56:37 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am attempting to build this image on an x86_64 machine.

Input:

   ./pre-inst-env guix system disk-image gnu/system/install.scm --image-size=800MiB --system=i686-linux

Output:

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/lch625bp8izgvw8yims9dv2d5y23z2vc-disk-image.drv
   /gnu/store/krckly1awc41mb86cp9xbna58nqlwl7y-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/2ibxmzyj6dkrpqw68ra2bsvf20r6g1am-activate-service.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/15b1v2kvljy1qj48rc7z0mnl8d8v7i9w-activate.drv
   /gnu/store/rp45vlrpl8x22y1pzwp3iiy2z6xz3ndy-dmd.conf.drv
   /gnu/store/zxiywr7p9nv75ygzifydsqc7379pxf5f-default-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/7zjxvsvc58kyvx94k3fi03mc1zw10i9n-useradd.drv
   /gnu/store/fs87v1xb2wzqs3bqac6yy3w33jfr8fha-usermod.drv
   /gnu/store/hhssx88qk71pr2sacd3xrwxpcc3pmbn8-userdel.drv
   /gnu/store/kysrigjybhkxl8c8m31z2wg4brwxc3bd-groupadd.drv
   /gnu/store/xbfzdx56jb9xmpqn4ihyjsg14yk1r48h-groupmod.drv
   /gnu/store/xxfhj8nnwk6kvx6872mr9arslyjz3vqn-groupdel.drv
   /gnu/store/fkzcx999aj8kshzgr00p8qjqmgxl3cq5-pam.d.drv
   /gnu/store/qkgbzn9w5g32b5p8i434xzqxgx8y1ign-bashrc.drv
   /gnu/store/31wahz9hvsd7wa2hk3w5qnlmf4q0ymhd-parameters.drv
   /gnu/store/5zc9s5vmzw9wcylcfk9d02qb6dnm6k8h-etc.drv
   /gnu/store/jbycahf4g9rwn6llrrxlpw9psdafpz7a-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/mgsll72jzsqi73fs117y25cfpflklynn-default-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/rd300y4mhvzrsd4pd83n8lqsv1gv8q0r-base-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/svmxpd7vz9g50y0f2fl7l60yg981qmzh-system.drv
   /gnu/store/gx9f4iqpflzjpr8xi20lz0dxapjkm5bm-system.drv
   /gnu/store/i9wddh1dbyjskh1f5wrd55p5dfdcaw60-parameters.drv
   /gnu/store/xy217r69pr63ydnwixkjd79pxvj66jcw-base-initrd.drv
   /gnu/store/75splsz122cg7vb5g5vdihwczap4iyag-system.drv
   /gnu/store/qph9954f72v05m4j218cvyphs9m7w1cl-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/793d6i28s8z4khazgyjkq9kvv8w8q86c-builder-in-linux-vm.drv
   /gnu/store/a0ql1bhdm6yn3n9nk3zbfirzbznng42y-linux-vm-loader.drv
   /gnu/store/jm737jjzk87xpsvzspq7p2g0xjfklrqa-base-initrd.drv
The following files will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/a3qd195igia45xz6fk3va8yab6f6rsnp-linux-libre-3.15
   /gnu/store/01w781ydkgvvkxh8z7qv84m0wfsg2xd3-qemu-headless-2.0.0
found valid signature for '/gnu/store/a3qd195igia45xz6fk3va8yab6f6rsnp-linux-libre-3.15', from 'http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/a3qd195igia45xz6fk3va8yab6f6rsnp-linux-libre-3.15'
downloading `/gnu/store/a3qd195igia45xz6fk3va8yab6f6rsnp-linux-libre-3.15' from `http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/a3qd195igia45xz6fk3va8yab6f6rsnp-linux-libre-3.15' (136.6 MiB installed)...
found valid signature for '/gnu/store/01w781ydkgvvkxh8z7qv84m0wfsg2xd3-qemu-headless-2.0.0', from 'http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/01w781ydkgvvkxh8z7qv84m0wfsg2xd3-qemu-headless-2.0.0'
downloading `/gnu/store/01w781ydkgvvkxh8z7qv84m0wfsg2xd3-qemu-headless-2.0.0' from `http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/01w781ydkgvvkxh8z7qv84m0wfsg2xd3-qemu-headless-2.0.0' (161.2 MiB installed)...
Backtrace:
In ice-9/eval.scm:
 432: 19 [eval # #]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
2401: 18 [save-module-excursion #<procedure 1418800 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:4045:3 ()>]
4050: 17 [#<procedure 1418800 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:4045:3 ()>]
1724: 16 [%start-stack load-stack ...]
1729: 15 [#<procedure 142d9c0 ()>]
In unknown file:
   ?: 14 [primitive-load "/gnu/store/624wzsbkzr6rngdisc9zzv4z895ijx06-default-profile-builder"]
In ice-9/eval.scm:
 505: 13 [#<procedure 12cd8c0 at ice-9/eval.scm:499:4 (exp)> (begin # # # ...)]
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
1106: 12 [expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules #) (define inputs #) ...)) () ...]
 989: 11 [scan ((begin (use-modules #) (define inputs #) ...)) () ...]
 989: 10 [scan ((use-modules #) (define inputs #) (setvbuf # _IOLBF) ...) () ...]
 279: 9 [scan ((# #) #(syntax-object *unspecified* # #)) () (()) ...]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
3597: 8 [process-use-modules (((guix build union)))]
 702: 7 [map #<procedure 138cde0 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3597:25 (mif-args)> ((#))]
3598: 6 [#<procedure 138cde0 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3597:25 (mif-args)> (#)]
2864: 5 [resolve-interface (guix build union) #:select ...]
2789: 4 [#<procedure 137f700 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:2777:4 (name #:optional autoload version #:key ensure)> # ...]
3065: 3 [try-module-autoload (guix build union) #f]
2401: 2 [save-module-excursion #<procedure 142d210 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3066:17 ()>]
3085: 1 [#<procedure 142d210 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3066:17 ()>]
In unknown file:
   ?: 0 [primitive-load-path "guix/build/union" ...]

ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: In procedure make_objcode_from_file: bad header on object file: "GOOF----LE-4-2.0"
builder for `/gnu/store/mgsll72jzsqi73fs117y25cfpflklynn-default-profile.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/svmxpd7vz9g50y0f2fl7l60yg981qmzh-system.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/75splsz122cg7vb5g5vdihwczap4iyag-system.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/krckly1awc41mb86cp9xbna58nqlwl7y-grub.cfg.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
killing process 5286
killing process 5285
killing process 5714
guix system: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/krckly1awc41mb86cp9xbna58nqlwl7y-grub.cfg.drv' failed

-- 
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org
GPG Key: 0FF1D807
Support the FSF: https://fsf.org/donate