Subject: bug#18001: default behavior changes

From: "Joel F Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:52:56 -0700

LOL, it made little sense to me why things were different.

But I found my cure, using the -nw option.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: bug-gnu-emacs-bounces+joel=[email-masked]
[mailto:bug-gnu-emacs-bounces+joel=[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Glenn Morris
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 7:12 PM
To: Joel F Rodriguez
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: bug#18001: default behavior changes

"Joel F Rodriguez" wrote:

> I upgraded my OS to FreeBSD9.2-release and now my installation of 
> emacs seems stuck at displaying just 80 columns.
[...]
> On a personal note I find it archaic that when I bring up emacs in a 
> ssh that it comes up in 80 col mode and will not automatically resize 
> to the width of my window.

I'm afraid your report makes little sense to me.

What version of Emacs is this? (The latest is 24.3.) Are you running it in a
text-terminal, or in graphical mode?

Either way, I don't understand.

In a text-terminal, Emacs uses whatever the terminal width is.
It is as far as I know impossible for it to somehow be "less wide" than the
terminal.

In graphical mode, you can make the width whatever you like by resizing it
in the usual way.