Subject: 24.4.50; `define-minor-mode' creates doc-string lines that are far too long

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:46:50 -0700 (PDT)

The automatically created doc string for the user option has a line like
this, which can easily be far too long (it is unwrapped, though it might
appear wrapped in this bug report):

See the command `libprefix-the-possibly-long-mode-command-name' for a description of this minor mode.

The line should be split after the command name.  Or (better) the line
should be automatically filled (wrapped as needed).  To save some
veribage you can also remove "the" from "the command" and "minor" from
"minor mode".

As a general rule, any macro that defines a function or variable should
take care to create doc strings that are not longer than convention.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-28 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117431 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''