Subject: 24.3; generic-x - improper highlighting of string with double quote

From: Vasya Belkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:57:55 +0300

generic-x mode has problems with highlighting strings containing quotes.
This happens on official win32 24.3.1 & on unofficial binaries of
pretest/24.3.92. The test is done with .emacs.d containing only init.el
with one row: (require 'generic-x)
Let's take the following .ini file:
[{B725F130-47EF-101A-A5F1-02608C9EEBAC}10]
Caption=Name

The text is highlighted properly, according to rules in INI-Generic
mode.
Now let's insert randomly double quotes:
[{B725F130-47EF-101A-A5F1-026"08C"9EEBAC}10]
Cap"t"ion=Na"m"e

Now only parts between the quotes (like '08C') will be highlighted with
font-lock-string-face
instead of font-lock-constant-face as defined in the INI-Generic
mode.Rest of the symbols in the row will lose any highlight at all.
The same problem manifests itself in BAT-Generic mode and in a custom
mode I've tried to wrote myself.

Thank you.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: HEB
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Ini-Generic

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> M-x r e p o r t
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
ShellDetails.ini has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils generic generic-x time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)