Subject: bug#17966: 24.4.50; Error while saving bookmarks: Unknown button type `help-xref'

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:44:58 +0200

FWIW, these are the last two lines in the *Messages* buffer:

  Saving bookmarks to file ~/.emacs.d/bookmarks...
  make-text-button: Unknown button type `help-xref'

and these are the contents of the *Bookmarks* buffer which appears
suddenly after doing "M-x bookmark-save":

  ;;;; Emacs Bookmark Format Version 1 ;;;;
  ;;; This format is meant to be slightly human-readable;
  ;;; nevertheless, you probably don't want to edit it.
  ;;; -*- End Of Bookmark File Format Version Stamp -*-
  (("foo"
   (front-context-string . "‘\\|’\n     specif")
   (rear-context-string . "\\’ constructs.\n\n")
   (position . 345746)
   (filename . "/home/dani/devel/emacs/repo/info/emacs")
   (info-node . "Regexp Backslash")
   (handler . Info-bookmark-jump))
  )

-- 
Dani Moncayo