Subject: bug#17965: closed (Re: bug#17965: 24.3.92; Etags is not recording cl-defun/macro...)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:33:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17965: 24.3.92; Etags is not recording cl-defun/macro...

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17965: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17965
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17965: 24.3.92; Etags is not recording cl-defun/macro...
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:31:57 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Blame me if you get shouted at.

Thanks, but no problem, I'll take the blame; I get shouted at plenty 
elsewhere so any shouts here would be drowned out anyway.  I installed 
the patch as emacs-24 bzr 117375 and am marking this as done.

Subject: 24.3.92; Etags is not recording cl-defun/macro...
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:07:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As the title say, it seems etags is not recording cl-defun's and friends.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2014-07-02 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> 
C-M-SPC M-w <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <return> C-y C-M-x C-x 
C-b <tab> <tab> C-g C-_ C-_ C-M-x C-x C-s <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> 
<down> <return> C-y C-M-x C-x C-b <tab> <tab> C-g <C-S-backspace> 
C-x C-s <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-x C-d 
C-1 l l <up> <down> <down> <up> q b v <down> <down> 
<return> m m <down> <down> <return> P P <down> <return> 
q q C-x C-b <down> <return> <f8> U b u <return> q q 
q C-x C-b <return> C-x C-f <tab> <tab> <up> <up> <tab> 
<return> C-x C-b <down> <return> C-x C-b <down> <down> 
<return> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> M-. C-g M-. M-n C-g C-x C-b <down> 
<down> C-s C-w C-w <down> <right> <left> M-x r e p 
o r t <return>

Recent messages:
Running git push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
git finished.
(No files need saving)
[mu4e] Started mu4e with 13815 messages in store
[mu4e] Retrieving mail...done
[mu4e] Indexing... processed 13000, updated 1
[mu4e] Indexing completed; processed 13811, updated 1, cleaned-up 5
[mu4e] mu4e-main-mode
[mu4e] Found 1 matching message
Loading tag file...

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug helm-command smiley gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig w3m-form mule-util magit-cherry magit-bisect
magit-log-edit log-edit add-log magit-key-mode magit magit-version view
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util ediff diff-mode magit-compat cl-indent cc-langs rst
markdown-mode vc-rcs js json moz imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sh-script
smie executable vc-git naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
align-let git-gutter server psession golden-ratio winner undo-tree diff
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
gud apropos etags arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec image-file xdvi-search
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix
pcmpl-gnu em-term term disp-table ehelp helm-ipython helm-elisp
helm-eval python eldoc-eval warnings whitespace paren time recentf
tree-widget savehist mu4e-config org-mu4e helm-mu mu4e-contrib mu4e
mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark
mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-about
mu4e-vars mu4e-meta gnus-dired nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo
config-w3m w3m-search w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util w3m-load smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail dired-async
iterator lacarte iedit-rect iedit iedit-lib smallurl mm-url gnus
gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit rectangle-utils rect ledger-config ledger
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-arg esh-util tv-utils async pcvs vc-cvs
pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth cl-info
slime-autoloads esh-toggle flymake no-word htmlize cl dired-extension
emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat org-config-thierry ob-sh
org-crypt cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
org-annotation-helper addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs init-helm-thierry
helm-mode helm-dictionary helm-ls-git helm-descbinds helm-ls-hg
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
helm-plugin bookmark pp helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm
wgrep helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm-locate helm cl-macs gv vc vc-dispatcher helm-config
helm-aliases epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache package time-date avoid cus-start cus-load
w3m-wget info easymenu edmacro kmacro advice help-fns net-utils
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 619242 41949)
 (symbols 48 60449 3)
 (miscs 40 1636 669)
 (strings 32 152065 17040)
 (string-bytes 1 5176152)
 (vectors 16 53595)
 (vector-slots 8 934555 23592)
 (floats 8 2328 900)
 (intervals 56 5914 1276)
 (buffers 960 128)
 (heap 1024 50216 3825))
-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997