Subject: bug#17959: eww: FTP is not supported; but with ftp_proxy, it is

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 19:15:46 +0000

Package:  emacs
Severity: wishlist

	As of 36634f669f2c, eww unconditionally disallows browsing ftp:
	scheme URIs.  Arguably, it should only do so when no proxy
	setting is in effect for the URI in question.

	For instance, with ("ftp" . "MYPROXY:PORT") in
	url-proxy-services (and user-error commented out in eww.el)
	M-x eww shows FTP sites perfectly fine.  Consider, e. g.:

M-x eww RET ftp://ladsftp.nascom.nasa.gov/

You are user #109 of 800 simultaneous users allowed.

…
[DIR]
subsets. . . . . . . . . . . . . Dec 31  1969
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Generated Sun, 06 Jul 2014 19:12:54 GMT by MYPROXY
(squid/3.1.6)

-- 
FSF associate member #7257	http://boycottsystemd.org/