Subject: Re: bug#1795: shell problem

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:52:36 +0200

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:

> While I can't reproduce the original recipe from Bug#1795, the problem
> is still there.  Look at the recipes in Bug#5007 or Bug#8027, or try
> this:
>
> M-x shell
> cat <(date)
> !!
> Type M-p
>
> You'll see that the command has been modified and now reads:
> cat < ( date )

Yup.  How odd -- just `M-p'-ing after "cat <(date)" does the right
thing, and "!!" does the right thing, but `M-p' after "!!" mangles
spaces?

I had a brief look at the code here
(`comint-replace-by-expanded-history-before-point' etc), but I'm pretty
unfamiliar with this code, and it wasn't immediately clear where the
problem stems from.

Anybody have any ideas?