Subject: Re: bug#17926: Menu and tooltip glitches using GTK toolkit

From: Robert Parlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 17:49:45 +0100

On 04/07/14 16:25, Jan Djärv wrote:
>
> Gtk+ does not work well without any window manager.  Please try 
> Ubuntus default setup, i.e. Unity, and see if it makes any difference.
> If you can, try the emacs-24 branch from here:
>
> bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-24
>
Well I tried this on another machine with the Unity desktop, using a new 
user account.  The result is that I can still see the menu problem, but 
not the tooltip problem.  In fact the tooltips look quite different on 
Unity, and are using transparency effects, so perhaps that is why.  
Another slight difference - if I leave the pointer stationary over the 
menu item, then after 3 or 4 seconds the sub-menu finally appears - with 
fvwm/no window manager this does not happen, and the menu remains absent 
until the mouse is moved.

Anyway, here is another video to show the menu problem under Unity :- 
http://youtu.be/e1s2RXsqJo0