Subject: Re: bug#17911: 24.3.50; ido-delete-file-at-head deleting files with no prompt confirmation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 22:40:07 +0200

Guilherme Gondim <[email-masked]> writes:

> In `ido-find-file' typing C-k (`ido-delete-file-at-head') when
> `delete-by-moving-to-trash' is t, the file is "deleted" straightway by
> moving to trash directory. Otherwise, if it is nil, the "delete
> function" will ask if you really want delete the file.
>
> Should not ido ask for confirmation in case of
> `delete-by-moving-to-trash'? I found it quite dangerous once the user
> could type C-k by mistake and might not notice his file was moved to
> trash.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately have not received
any responses yet.)

I think the ido design makes sense -- when there's undo available,
asking the user isn't necessary.

So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no