Subject: bug#17893: 24.4.50; (error "Marker does not point anywhere")

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 21:23:22 +0200

> From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli),  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 19:30:08 +0100
> 
> On Nov 25 2017, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > What is missing is a way of methodically walking all the markers
> > reachable from the cloned buffer's local variables, and changing each
> > marker to point to the cloned buffer instead of the parent buffer.
> 
> And how does that help?  It will just move the error from the cloned
> buffer to the parent buffer.

Sorry, what error are you talking about?

The problem I was thinking of is when buffer-local variables in buffer
A hold markers whose buffer is A; then we clone buffer B from A, and
then we kill buffer A.  Now the markers in the cloned buffer point to
a dead buffer (or actually point nowhere).