Subject: bug#17888: 24.4.50; key binding not shown in menu item for alias command

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:34:03 -0700 (PDT)

emacs -Q

(defun foo () (interactive)(message "Foo"))
(global-set-key "\C-o" 'foo)

(defalias 'bar 'foo)
(define-key menu-bar-edit-menu [bar] '(menu-item "Do It" bar))

In the Edit menu, the key `C-o' is not shown next to item `Do It'.

Also:

(defun toto () (interactive)(message "Toto"))
(define-key menu-bar-edit-menu [toto] '(menu-item "To It" toto))

(defalias 'titi 'toto)
(global-set-key "\C-n" 'titi)

The binding `C-n' is not shown next to menu item `To It'.

Seems like a command alias should be treated like the aliased command
when it comes to showing key bindings in menus.  That would help users.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-28 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117431 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''