Subject: 24.3.92; `vc-next-action' discards commit message

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:23:25 +0100

It used to be that if you typed "C-v v" from a file buffer for which you
had already started to compose a commit message, you would be taken to
your message so that you could continue composing it. In recent builds
the message gets clobbered by the (unwanted!) text "Summary: ^J".
That's not very nice.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-30 on 80461UHB
Repository revision: 117326
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix c:/emacs/emacs-117326 --disable-dependency-tracking
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp --with-wide-int
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 'CPPFLAGS=-I G:/usr/include -I
 C:/GnuWin32/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib -L C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Log-Edit

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f \ t e m p \ t e s t \ t e s t . t x t <return>
C-x v v T h i s SPC t o o k SPC m e SPC a g e s . C-x
v v O h ! M-x r - e - b <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)
Mark set
Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
Enter a change comment.  Type C-c C-c when done
Mark set
Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
Enter a change comment.  Type C-c C-c when done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug sendmail log-edit easy-mmode
message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ring pcvs-util
add-log vc vc-dispatcher vc-rcs time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32notify w32
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79005 8573)
 (symbols 56 18045 0)
 (miscs 48 49 159)
 (strings 32 12796 4781)
 (string-bytes 1 329463)
 (vectors 16 9811)
 (vector-slots 8 383011 9074)
 (floats 8 62 207)
 (intervals 56 246 0)
 (buffers 960 16))