Subject: Re: bug#17879: 24.3.92; package-refresh-contents hangs at contacting host melpa.milbox.net:80

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 02:45:22 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Jan D." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I debugged this and Emacs does read from all hosts.
>> But the message in the minibuffer (Contacting host:
>> melpa.milbox.net:80) is not removed when Emacs has finished taking to
>> melpa.milbox.net:80.
>
> Was the conclusion to this bug report that the error is that the
> "Contacting host" message isn't removed from the echo area?

That was four years ago, and never got a reply.

Starting with commit ba7a1a7a4e, the message "Package refresh done" is
shown as the final message when refresh is done.

I also can't reproduce the original issue with a hanging
'package-refresh-contents' on my macOS machine, neither on current
master nor on Emacs 26.2.

Since this bug was opened five years ago, I'm going to assume that the
above means that the issue has been fixed.  I'm consequently closing
this bug report.  If anyone can still reproduce this, please report
back and we can reopen the bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas