Subject: bug#17837: 24.4.50; Search very slow

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 08:10:35 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've tried this:
>
> 0. emacs -Q
> 1. M-x eww RET stallman.org/archives/2014-mar-jun.html RET
> 2. C-s interview
>
> And it's fast, pretty much instant, to type all that and go through the
> matches.  Did Emacs get faster or is my machine just faster than what
> you were using at the time of reporting this bug?  Or am I using the
> wrong recipe to reproduce the issue?

I think Richard meant that he downloaded the HTML and then opened the
HTML file in Emacs (since he mentions font-lock).

I'm not able to see anything slow going on when doing that, though --
searching for "interview" in that HTML buffer is instantaneous for me.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no