Subject: bug#17828: 24.4.50; cygwin ispell process not responding

From: Yigal Hochberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:21:03 -0400

Description:

Emacs on Windows XP

When spelling a buffer from emacs using cygwin ispell, some of the times the
ispell process hangs and need to be aborted.

This did happen with previous emacs versions e.g 24.3

Thank you

Yigal Hochberg

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-05-26 on LEG570
Repository revision: 117160 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  iswitchb-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x v e r s SPC <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <home> 
M-x e m c SPC <backspace> a SPC c SPC r e s SPC <backspace> 
p <tab> SPC <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading arc-mode...done
Loading wildcard-to-regexp...done
Preparing diary...
No diary entries for Saturday, June 21, 2014
Preparing diary...done
Loading c:/yigal/lisp/emacs222.el (source)...done
Package iswitchb is obsolete!
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-05-26 on LEG570
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
c:/yigal/lisp/woman hides c:/emacs/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/woman
c:/yigal/lisp/snmp-mode hides c:/emacs/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/net/snmp-mode
c:/yigal/lisp/rmail-spam-filter hides c:/emacs/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/mail/rmail-spam-filter

Features:
(shadow cl gv auto-capitalize feedmail mailalias emacsbug message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader warnings mule-util cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
wildcard-to-regexp ffap thingatpt url-parse url-vars arc-mode
archive-mode dos noutline outline easy-mmode dired-aux mailabbrev grep
compile dmh-market iswitchb dired-x easymenu dired tinysword paren
set-path-b get-exp-at-point advice edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
gnuserv ispell ymail smtpmail auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util password-cache sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils
ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring time which-func imenu time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 153623 13270)
 (symbols 32 25372 0)
 (miscs 32 57 167)
 (strings 16 35013 5370)
 (string-bytes 1 1048691)
 (vectors 8 16400)
 (vector-slots 4 451175 1390)
 (floats 8 617 146)
 (intervals 28 808 326)
 (buffers 508 14))

-- 
- Yigal