Subject: Re: bug#17806: 24.4.50; Branch emacs-24 fails to beuild on Debian

From: Manoj Srivastava <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:22:39 -0700

On Thu, Jun 19 2014, Dmitry Antipov wrote:

> What versions of gcc and binutils you're using? It looks like
> your tools has some problems handling object files with GIMPLE
> sections generated with -flto.

> Your recipe works fine for me (Fedora 20, gcc 4.8.2, binutils 2.24).

% gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.9.0-7) 4.9.0

% make --version
GNU Make 4.0
Built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

% ld -v
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.24.51.20140617

        The difference seems to be gcc.  Version 4.9.0 seems to be the
 default for the next release of Debian. Emacs still builds fine on the
 released version, but will fail for anyone running testing or unstable,
 as far as I can tell.

        manoj
-- 
Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.
Manoj Srivastava <[email-masked]> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>  
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C