Subject: bug#17796: closed (24.3; outline problem in python-mode from python.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:32:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17796: 24.3; outline problem in python-mode from python.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17796: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17796
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 24.3; outline problem in python-mode from python.el
From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 08:31:41 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fix pushed to the emacs-24 branch on revno 117275

    Fabián

Subject: 24.3; outline problem in python-mode from python.el
From: Bill Lytton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:23:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

emacs -Q params.py
ESCx outline-minor-mode
hide-sublevels ;; fails apparently due to presence of a comment after the colon for def 

here is the params.py file:
def setlayervq (sts,time=10,perc=100,wt=1e9,inputseed=32343,vq0=False): # Set up a netstim>ncl>intf shock in particular layers or cell type
  global grpshockNetStim
  a,vr1,vr2,sel=allocvecs(3)
  vq=h.NQS("ind","time","wt","sy")
  nqce=col.cellsnq;nqce.verbose=layers.verbose=0
  if layers.select("name",h.SEQ,sts)>0:
      top=layers.fetch("name",h.SEQ,sts,"top")
      bot=layers.fetch("name",h.SEQ,sts,"bot")
      nqce.select("zloc","[]",bot,top)
      sel.copy(nqce.getcol("id"))
      selsz=sel.size()
      if h.verbose: print "\nLayer %s(%d,%g):"%(sts,selsz,perc/100.)
  elif (cellsnq.select("ty",h.iex(sts))>0): # need to pull out number for that string ident to use with this nq
      sel=nqce.getcol("id") 
      selsz=sel.size()
  else:
      print sts," not found in layers or cellsnq"  
  if perc<100: 
    vr1.resize(perc*(selsz+1)/100.)
    vr1.setrnd(6,0,selsz-1,inputseed)
    vr2=sel.ind(vr1)
  else:        
    vr2.copy(sel)
  # if h.verbose: print "#%d->"%(vr1.size())
  #xo = h.NetCon(grpshockNetStim,col.ce[int(sel[int(x)])]) # connections when using netcons -- see params.hoc:setlayershock()
  #ncl.append(xo);xo.delay=time;xo.weight[AM] = wt # weight into AM or AM2?
  vq.v[0].append(vr2) # postsyn NQS("ind","time","wt","sy")
  vq.pad()
  vq.v[1].fill(time);vq.v[2].fill(wt);vq.v[3].fill(AM)
  nqce.verbose=layers.verbose=1
  h.dealloc(a)
  if vq0: vq0.append(vq)
  else  : vq0=vq
  vq.sort("time");vq.sort("ind")
  return vq0

# skrewtdel() reset time and wts for a shock
def skrewtdel (ncl,perc=100,wt=30,dl=1,seed=34342):#Reset shock put in using netstim>ncls>intf from 
    "reset %, time or wts for shock"
    sz=ncl.count(); a=-1
    if perc<100:
        a,v1r=allocvecs(1)
        setn=round(perc*(sz+1)/100.)
        v1r.resize(setn)
        v1r.setrnd(6,0,sz-1,seed)
        for nc in ncl: nc.weight[AM]=0.
        for x in v1r: 
            i=int(x)
            ncl[i].weight[AM]=wt
            ncl[i].delay=dl
    else: 
        for (i,nc) in enumerate(ncl):
            nc.weight[AM]=wt
            nc.delay=dl
    if a>-1: h.dealloc(a)

def skrewtdel (vq=None,perc=100,wt=30,dl=1,seed=34342): # reset shock put in intf.initvspks(id,time,wt,syn)
    "reset %, time or wts for shock"
    sz=ncl.count(); a=-1
    if perc<100:
        a,v1r=allocvecs(1)
        setn=round(perc*(sz+1)/100.)
        v1r.resize(setn)
        v1r.setrnd(6,0,sz-1,seed)
        for nc in ncl: nc.weight[AM]=0.
        for x in v1r: 
            i=int(x)
            ncl[i].weight[AM]=wt
            ncl[i].delay=dl
    else: 
        for (i,nc) in enumerate(ncl):
            nc.weight[AM]=wt
            nc.delay=dl
    if a>-1: h.dealloc(a)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2013-12-17 on gu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/arch' 'LIBS=-ldl''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:

Recent messages:
outline-back-to-heading: before first heading [2 times]
filemgm: ^G
Quit
History item: 1
Quit
Mark set
/u/billl/nrniv/m1sim_intf6/
Mark set
filemgm: ^G
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/u/billl/.emacs.d/elpa/w3-4.0.49/ssl hides /usr/site/site-lisp/ssl
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/tempo hides /usr/site/site-lisp/tempo
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/sql hides /usr/site/site-lisp/sql
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/forms hides /usr/site/site-lisp/forms
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/url/url hides /usr/site/site-lisp/url
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/longlines hides /usr/site/site-lisp/longlines
/u/billl/.emacs.d/elpa/w3-4.0.49/font hides /usr/site/site-lisp/font
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell hides /usr/site/site-lisp/ispell
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/mail/metamail hides /usr/site/site-lisp/metamail
/u/billl/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.87.2/latex hides /usr/site/site-lisp/latex
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/mail/metamail hides /u/billl/src/lisp/metamail
/u/billl/.emacs.d/elpa/w3-4.0.49/font hides /u/billl/src/lisp/font
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell hides /u/billl/src/lisp/ispell
/usr/site/site-lisp/remem-display-mode hides /u/billl/src/lisp/remem-display-mode
/usr/site/site-lisp/xbm-button hides /u/billl/src/lisp/xbm-button
/usr/site/site-lisp/spreadsheet hides /u/billl/src/lisp/spreadsheet
/usr/site/site-lisp/symlink-fix hides /u/billl/src/lisp/symlink-fix
/usr/site/site-lisp/math hides /u/billl/src/lisp/math
/usr/site/site-lisp/xfilemgm hides /u/billl/src/lisp/xfilemgm
/usr/site/site-lisp/mm hides /u/billl/src/lisp/mm
/usr/site/site-lisp/inspect hides /u/billl/src/lisp/inspect
/usr/site/site-lisp/repl hides /u/billl/src/lisp/repl
/usr/site/site-lisp/mc-toplev hides /u/billl/src/lisp/mc-toplev
/usr/site/site-lisp/doc hides /u/billl/src/lisp/doc
/usr/site/site-lisp/add-functions hides /u/billl/src/lisp/add-functions
/usr/site/site-lisp/background hides /u/billl/src/lisp/background
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/calendar/diary-lib hides /u/billl/src/lisp/diary-lib
/usr/site/site-lisp/func-menu hides /u/billl/src/lisp/func-menu
/usr/site/site-lisp/hyper hides /u/billl/src/lisp/hyper
/usr/site/site-lisp/matlab hides /u/billl/src/lisp/matlab
/usr/site/site-lisp/mime hides /u/billl/src/lisp/mime
/usr/site/site-lisp/gopher hides /u/billl/src/lisp/gopher
/usr/site/site-lisp/temp hides /u/billl/src/lisp/temp
/usr/site/site-lisp/winmgr-mode hides /u/billl/src/lisp/winmgr-mode
/usr/site/site-lisp/html-helper-mode hides /u/billl/src/lisp/html-helper-mode
/usr/site/site-lisp/matplus hides /u/billl/src/lisp/matplus
/usr/site/site-lisp/md5 hides /u/billl/src/lisp/md5
/usr/site/site-lisp/scratch hides /u/billl/src/lisp/scratch
/usr/site/site-lisp/base64 hides /u/billl/src/lisp/base64
/usr/site/site-lisp/tcl-mode hides /u/billl/src/lisp/tcl-mode
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/tempo hides /u/billl/src/lisp/tempo
/usr/site/site-lisp/bibnew hides /u/billl/src/lisp/bibnew
/usr/site/site-lisp/rmailmime hides /u/billl/src/lisp/rmailmime
/usr/site/site-lisp/hkktn hides /u/billl/src/lisp/hkktn
/usr/site/site-lisp/xemacs_defaults hides /u/billl/src/lisp/xemacs_defaults
/usr/site/site-lisp/lclint hides /u/billl/src/lisp/lclint
/usr/site/site-lisp/xpm-button hides /u/billl/src/lisp/xpm-button
/u/billl/.emacs.d/elpa/w3-4.0.49/ssl hides /u/billl/src/lisp/ssl
/usr/site/site-lisp/hisave hides /u/billl/src/lisp/hisave
/usr/site/site-lisp/make-regexp hides /u/billl/src/lisp/make-regexp
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/gnus hides /u/billl/src/lisp/gnus
/usr/site/site-lisp/postscript hides /u/billl/src/lisp/postscript
/usr/site/site-lisp/crypt hides /u/billl/src/lisp/crypt
/usr/site/site-lisp/rect-mark hides /u/billl/src/lisp/rect-mark
/usr/site/site-lisp/mc-pgp hides /u/billl/src/lisp/mc-pgp
/usr/site/site-lisp/ovid hides /u/billl/src/lisp/ovid
/usr/site/site-lisp/amend hides /u/billl/src/lisp/amend
/usr/site/site-lisp/xff hides /u/billl/src/lisp/xff
/usr/site/site-lisp/url-hash hides /u/billl/src/lisp/url-hash
/usr/site/site-lisp/mc-remail hides /u/billl/src/lisp/mc-remail
/usr/site/site-lisp/urlauth hides /u/billl/src/lisp/urlauth
/usr/site/site-lisp/shcomm hides /u/billl/src/lisp/shcomm
/usr/site/site-lisp/sccs hides /u/billl/src/lisp/sccs
/usr/site/site-lisp/lispdir hides /u/billl/src/lisp/lispdir
/usr/site/site-lisp/vax hides /u/billl/src/lisp/vax
/usr/site/site-lisp/rcs hides /u/billl/src/lisp/rcs
/usr/site/site-lisp/sn2 hides /u/billl/src/lisp/sn2
/usr/site/site-lisp/byte hides /u/billl/src/lisp/byte
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/forms hides /u/billl/src/lisp/forms
/usr/site/site-lisp/folding hides /u/billl/src/lisp/folding
/usr/site/site-lisp/emacs_defaults hides /u/billl/src/lisp/emacs_defaults
/usr/site/site-lisp/ff hides /u/billl/src/lisp/ff
/usr/arch/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/url/url hides /u/billl/src/lisp/url
/usr/site/site-lisp/bufcn hides /u/billl/src/lisp/bufcn
/usr/site/site-lisp/docomp hides /u/billl/src/lisp/docomp
/usr/site/site-lisp/mailcrypt hides /u/billl/src/lisp/mailcrypt
/usr/site/site-lisp/edit hides /u/billl/src/lisp/edit
/usr/site/site-lisp/rcs hides /usr/site/nrniv/simctrl/elisp/rcs
/usr/site/site-lisp/idraw hides /usr/site/nrniv/simctrl/elisp/idraw

Features:
(shadow emacsbug goto-addr thingatpt two-column iso-transl hideshow
texmathp w3m-antenna w3m-rss apropos flow-fill mailalias network-stream
starttls tls etags debug filecache cperl-mode tutorial hi-lock ffap
url-parse url-vars nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
nxml-enc xmltok arc-mode archive-mode macros org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb
html-helper-mode tempo rect mailcap sh-script smie executable tabify man
conf-mode w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m-tabmenu pcmpl-unix compare-w icalendar
qp dired-aux diff-mode diff preview prv-emacs tex-buf font-latex latex
edmacro kmacro tex-style tex dbus xml latexenc help-at-pt mail-extr view
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs cal-move help-mode org-agenda dired-x misearch
multi-isearch dabbrev wombat-theme auctex-autoloads tex-site info
w3-autoloads package smtpmail-async async mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view epa derived epg epg-config
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail
auth-source eieio gnus-util password-cache mu4e-mark mu4e-message
html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr image-mode mu4e-lists
mu4e-about mu4e-vars message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader hl-line
mu4e-meta w3m browse-url timezone w3m-hist w3m-e23 w3m-ccl ccl w3m-fsf
mule-util w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util cl-macs gv cl grep
filesets nrn nrnlocal hoc python rx nrnutil simctrl ielm pp shell appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile
cconv ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint
ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bibtex
rcs path rmailout rmail battery ff compile telnet comint ansi-color ring
dired noutline outline easy-mmode kktn bufcn longlines sort uniquify
advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload paren time sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit easymenu
wid-edit lpr cus-start cus-load tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)