Subject: bug#17795: boot flag bug report

From: Matt Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:51:37 +0000

Hello Devs,

I don't know how to check if the bug has been fixed.  The webpage wasn't clear on how to check.  I assume that because 3.1 is the latest version and also the version that I'm using, that the bug still exists in 3.1.  

The command I entered:
(parted) disk_set boot on                                                 

Your report should contain the version of this release (3.1)
along with the error message below, the output of

	parted DEVICE unit co print unit s print

and the following history of commands you entered.
Also include any additional information about your setup you
consider important.

Unknown disk flag, 0.

Error: The flag '(null)' is not available for pc98 disk labels.
(parted) quit                                                             
Information: You may need to update /etc/fstab.

bash-4.2$ sudo parted /dev/sdf/ unit co print unit s print
[sudo] password for mis: 
Error: Could not stat device /dev/sdf/ - Not a directory.
Retry/Cancel? c                                                           
bash-4.2$ sudo parted /dev/sdf unit co print unit s print
Model:   (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdf: 15.9GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: pc98
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
 1      1049kB  15.9GB  15.9GB               primary

Model:   (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdf: 30965760s
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: pc98
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start  End        Size       File system  Name     Flags
 1      2048s  30965759s  30963712s               primary